Why Blog?

So, I know many of you said you would NOT check a blog if I made one. Many of you probably will not (and thusly are not reading this). However, I have several reasons for going ahead and making the blog anyways.

  1. It's really easy, and I have a bit of time on my hands
  2. Maybe I'll be able to convince you to read it
  3. It's worth it even if just one of you checks it
  4. Umm... I usually do whatever I want anyways, regardless of what anyone else says
I really think this blog could be an asset. Here I plan on posting writing pompts, links to useful websites, ideas, contests, and anything else that seems as though it would be worthwhile. I do not intend to post random rediculous things that are a waste of your time.

I know our club is silly. Sometimes that actually bothers me -- but sometimes I wonder if it is a GOOD thing. When we were little, we wrote whatever we wanted, with no boundaries. Maybe we need to go back to that -- to when we had no inner-critic telling us we were horrible. Even when we were. We need to write like that again.

But I hope you do take writing seriously. Not seriously as in "I must write only great works of literature," for if everyone thought like that we would never have Douglas Adams or P. G. Wodehouse or television shows like The Addams Family, which are just plain silly. What I mean is: I hope you take to writing passionately. I hope you write every day, regardless of how busy you are. I hope you write for fun, and with a purpose.

For me, writing isn't just something I do. It's what I am. It's a lifestyle. I'm not saying you have to be as obsessed as I am -- I understand that you all have something that is called a "life." This might be an alien concept to me, but I can respect it. But PLEASE, don't let writing get set on a back-burnner. If you love writing, then you must throw yourself into it -- you can only get better at writing if you WRITE. Even the silly little writing prompts that I post can help you get one step closer to becoming the next J. K. Rowling. So just take 10 minutes out of your day to check this site and do a bit of writing. Come on, you watch that much time in commercials (or, at least, you did... until we all got DVRs... so use the time you earned by fast-forwarding through Wal*Mart adds to come here!).

Time spent writing is never time wasted.

-The Society of Literacy and Bananas! Association

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SOLAB!A

The Society of Literacy and Bananas! Association is a teen writing group, focused on inspiring one another, having a good time, and eating lots of delicious snacks. This site is a place for inspiration, ideas, contest info, and basically a place for SOLAB!A members to hang out (though anyone else is welcome as well).